Looking for more personal meaning in her work beyond just the bottom line, Leigh Mitchell set out to help those in need through her own business activities. She quickly realized that not only could she make a difference in her business but others could also. Her stories of hope and spirit of giving were contagious. This is when the Thrive Movement was introduced to her community. Studying the impact of socially responsible businesses, she found ways in which profitable businesses could find engaged audiences when advocating the benefits of their purpose-driven mission-based business practices.
- WIBN established a Mentorship Program that operates to assist members in finding a mentor for 6 months at no additional cost. We also provide complimentary live online mentoring classes each month.
- Throughout the year we donate Yearly Women in Biz Memberships to women who are rebuilding their lives after spending time in a shelter. To apply for a membership through this program please contact Centre for Abuse Awareness.
- WIBN supports HerVolution as an advisory board member
- Leigh Mitchell is an Active for Life Role Model
- UGO Travel for Change advocate and participant